We know that link building definition is the search engine optimization procedure of creating relevant, incoming links to your website which help your site achieve higher ranking with the major authority search engines and drive targeted traffic to your website.
While there are (2) Two Elements or Building Blocks of Link Building:
1) Integration – “involves combination of two or more parts or elements together into a complete set, whole or unit.”
Link Builders Pointers: The more complete the integration, the greater the likelihood of attracting more links to your website.
2) Accretion – “the increase or growth in size through gradual addition, inclusion or fusion.”
Link Builders Pointers: ‘Accretion’ can’t occur without ‘Integration’.
Now, we proceed with ‘link building campaign‘ which according to Garrett French in his article on, 10 Goals of Link Building Campaigns, to “Get more links” is an ineffective goal, even if it’s the directive you’ve received from management or clients but should be moving beyond just to “Get More Links”
Here are the Link Building goals that he suggested:
- Broaden/deepen relevant keyword portfolio
- Increase targeted referral traffic
- Steady high-flux rankings
- Increase market awareness
- Move from 2nd to 1st page for proven keywords
- Own your brand name & top keyword searches
- Naturalize your link profile
- Get new pages/sites indexed
- Show results quickly: build link count by X
- Improve geo-specific rankings
There is also the question on the true purpose of link building whether it is helping people find your website as presented in the infographic below by SEOrisk.com.
While getting help from a competent Link Builder, creative Content Developer and a SEO Assistant at Project Assistant who can work out effective link building and content development management strategies while making sure your web site and pages are optimized.
Don’t forget to like this article if you find this article helpful. Also, follow us in our search engine optimization Project Assistant‘s articles to get ahead of others in the latest buzz and trends in internet marketing.