In the Philippines, mobile usage is at 113% of the population which means a large majority of mobile users have more than two sim cards or subscriptions This is because telecommunication network providers often offer special deals and promotions for texting and calling within the same network. In order to cope with the high demand for mobile subscriptions, telco networks have had to generate numerous mobile numbers with special prefixes assigned to each network. As a result, there is often a confusion as to which prefix belongs to what mobile network. PreFIX PH was created to put an end to the confusion.
PreFIX PH was designed by Project Assistant to be the Philippine’s first ever intelligent phone directory app. The app imports all the contacts from your native phonebook and labels them according to what network they belong to. As a result, users will always know what network they’re contacting and maximize telco promos wherein they only communicate within the same network.
As we developed PreFIX PH further, we created more useful features for mobile subscribers in the Philippines. Here they are:
- Calling & Texting – know what network your contact belongs to before you send a text or make a call.
- Pass-a-Load – send load (call/text credit) to other users without having to type a message and send it to a service number.
- PreFIX Checker – quickly find out what network a mobile number belongs to by simply inputting the first 4 digits
- Sort Contact – segregate all your contacts according to what network they belong to
- Set Preferred Network – this feature works best for dual-sim users wherein they can assign a network they prefer to use for communication. This way when they try to contact a person outside that network, PreFIX PH will inform them.
- Promo Directory – browse an updated list of promo codes and service number for every network and register to them within the app, no need to type a message every time.
- Group Messaging – create groups within the app based on your contact’s network. This is handy for sending group messages to a long list of people on the same network.
- Dialer Widget – a shortcut to the dialer function of the app where users can input a number and immediately find out what network it belongs to. It then allows you to either save or call the number dialed.
- Color Themes – by popular demand, we added eight color theme options for the app to allow users to choose how they want their phonebook to look.
Every great app needs its own website so we developed www.prefix.ph to aid in marketing efforts and allow users to better understand the app and its features. All information about the app can be found on the homepage.
We also created a blog to act as a source of reliable information for topics related to the app and to build our SEO. The blog ended up being so popular that the comments just came raining in. This gave us the idea to set up the PreFIX PH Community, a forum where users can post questions and share insights and suggestions about everything teclo-related in the Philippines.
Once all the app’s features were in play and the website was live, we began marketing. We tested the waters with Facebook ads that ran on different segments of the wide target audience our app caters to. We ran campaigns for page likes, app installs and post engagements. However the factor that contributed greatest to the app’s boost in popularity and increase in downloads was the outreach to different tech bloggers in the Philippines. PreFIX PH received positive reviews and endorsements from respected tech blogs including YugaTech and Rappler.
- Mobile App Development for both Android and iOS platforms
- Continued App Development and Updates
- Blog & Community Forum
- Marketing Outreach and Press Releases
- Social Media Management
- Facebook Ads
Social Media Ads